Friday, February 4, 2011

Ad reps

It's nice to make people feel happy just because of something I do. The other day I got an email from an ad rep at comcast saying he's happy at the prospect on working with me on the NJAR account and asked if we could set up a time to talk. This was just after I let his supervisor know that we won't be doing any tv ads with NJAR this year. I wrote him back saying there's no room in the budget and that we can't change the budget anymore. A few minutes later I felt like I might have been too curt, especially with someone who was so recently assigned the account and someone whim I have never met. I called and we talked for a few minutes. I said that it sucks he just got assigned this account and it's not moving anywhere. He seemed genuinely happy that I didn't leave him hanging with that email. This is what life is a about i guess - the human connections and making people feel like they have your attention. At first I wasn't willing to give him mine but when I changed my mind I felt accomplished, like I did my job. That's what pr is about.

I'm glad I felt enough human emotion to make me react that way this week.

No comments: