Friday, June 13, 2008

Cotsa Rica

Got back from Costa Rica last week. I was so scared about the trip before we went, that I didn't even think to get excited. But when we first got there, I could feel that there was so much stuff to take in.
The public bus was hard at first, but then I felt sorry for the people standing there. When my mom asked why no one would give up their seat to an old person, I couldn't think of a good reason, except that maybe they didn't want to stand for so long. But my overall impression is that people are generally happy to help. Monteverde basically lives on tourism and the hostel owner gave us good advice. Seeing his kids play on the concrete made me feel bad and happy to see them playing at the same time.
I wish we could have interacted with more actual people, but I guess we just went to all the touristy places. I want to get a good feeling for what people think about there: what they go to work for and what their goals are. I should have asked the guides about that.
Seeing the American living in CR shows that they are more relaxed and there is a large ex-patriot population.

No comments: